Multiplying in Africa European Global Navigation Initiatives Fostering Improved Cooperation (MAGNIFIC)
MAGNIFIC has as main objectives:
- To ensure the promotion of an African EGNOS through benefits that spread much beyond Civil Aviation Needs
- To ensure the promotion of the Galileo Early services
- To support the Awareness and the capacity building in Africa to boost the penetration of the EGNSS applications and services
A team composed by main European engineering companies developing and leading the introduction of GNSS in Europe, and regional companies from each market sector that will be trained and will work together with the European partners, has built a consortium to lead a series of activities in order to accomplish with the previous objectives. MAGNIFIC will allow African Stakeholders to go faster in the added value services deployment in the geo-localization domain and the deployment of solutions needed by the authorities (e.g. in the fields of SAR and aviation). MAGNIFIC will also allow to create self-sustainable partnership at research level as well as business level between African and European entities.
Partenaires: PILDO, THALES Alenia Space, ABBIA Tech, ACSAL, Université de Lomé, ASECNA, M3Systems SAS, CNRS, TOTAL France
Durée: 2014-2016 – Plus d’information www.magnific-gsa-project.eu
Avec le soutien de
1st International Workshop on Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS/EGNOS) Application in Africa
The first project workshop will take place on 22-23 September at Lome (Togo). The aim of this workshop is to better understand the main objectives of MAGNIFIC project and to inform about the different demonstrations that will take place during the 2-year duration of MAGNIFIC project. More specically, the workshop has the objectives to:
- present the possible applications of EGNSS technology for the development of Africa.
- present the various demonstrations of EGNSS technology that will be performed in the MAGNIFIC project in collaboration with African stakeholders in the civil aviation sector, Transportation, Maritime , Port , Environnent, … etc.
- sensitize African stackholders, (companies, industries, governments, universities, SMEs, service providers … etc . ) so that they can derive from economic and social benefits of EGNSS applications.
- encourage public-private partnerships, promote efficient international cooperation between Europe and African countries.
This conference will provide a forum for African and European Experts from different sectors (Civil Aviation, Transport , Maritime , Port , Environment, … etc.) to discuss EGNSS Market opportunity and servic, and to promote Space Technology for the development of Africa.
Communication et Vulgarisation